Monday 23 April 2012

Weekend in New York

Life is great, all you need to do is make the most of it. I have always wanted to live the life as an extrovert so I took the opportunity to go to New York for 1 weekend. New York initially changed me about 7 years ago, as it was the first time I had ever travelled alone and it changed me. 7 years later I returned and it was an amazing feeling, as an overwhealming sense of accomplishment crossed my veins as I was not alone any more, Giovanna was next to me with her huge smile.

We did all the touristic attractions, Times Square, Metropolitan Museum, Stand up comedy, watched the Jersey Boys on Broadway, walked through China Town and little Italy and Soho on our way to Ground zero or where the WTC, World Trade Centers are.

One could spend hours, days visiting Manhatten, descovering everything that it has to offer. However, if you take the time to talk to the locals when eating a Bagel or something you realize that the life in the big apple is only really worth if if you have the money. A 2 bedroom flat in NY is about 5k dollars a month, which means most people live in Queens or Brooklyn and commute every day. Life in the Big Apple is like a continous deja-vu as you have seen all the streets in the movies, TV series and yet you have never physically been there. Wow, what a strange feeling.

If you have never been to New York, I would say you haven't lived yet. This 8 million people city which never sleeps, inspires, creates dreams and makes them come true if you have the right attitude.

 

No comments: