Thursday 24 September 2009

Last Stage… St. Petersburg

So after Moscow… there was one place left on the trip: St. Petersburg. We caught the train from Lenningreski Station, which was an adventure as we just arrived on time. The train was a night train and we decided to slum it by going 3rd class…which actually was very comfortable… taking into account the fact that there was no more room for anybody or anything else. The tables flip over, beds came from the ceiling so to walk in the train you literally had to avoid the feet sticking out of the beds.

We arrived at St. Petersburg at 6 in the morning… which was amazing:) We ended up speaking to some Russian girls on the train… truely a highlight of the trip:) It was actually very interesting to understand politically where and how people think, especially people from St. Petersburg.

I only had a few hours… about 6 before my flight so I made the most of it… dragging the gang for a walk around the city. It is clearly different from Moscow and I got the feeling I was back in Europe:) It actually is a beautiful city not just because of the women but the city itself inspires one. I must go back there:)

Finally my journey was at an end… so I caught the plane back to Amsterdam via Copenhague…However getting out of Russia was interesting…it took a little longer than I expected to get through customs but I was so tired after the trip I did not really care too much.

From Amsterdam I caught my last train: 1 hour and a half to Eindhoven… and I must admit it was really nice to be on a Dutch train again… I felt at home:)

St Petersburg 2009

No comments: