Monday 9 November 2009

A weekend in Vienna:)

 

Hi everyone, this is just a quick entry about my wonderful trip to Vienna. Well it all started with an amazing trip to Amsterdam. I spent the night in Amsterdam, walking around and looking at the beauty of Amsterdam which lies beyond what the common tourist sees. I did this as my flight to Vienna from Amsterdam was 7am, and getting to Schipol from Eindhoven that early is not that easy. As a result I spent the night in Amsterdam. Friday nights in Amsterdam are always fun.

 

I then caught my flight to Vienna, and what can I say… well I never really thought much about Vienna as a touristic place to go… well how wrong can one be?! It is a city FULL of history and culture, completely different from most cities in Western Europe. I only had one weekend and as a result could not see everything however I really got a great feeling about the place… I will be back one day.

It was really good to go there and meet up with Alice my little sister and her mother( and a few of her friends). Going to places with good friends really makes a difference. I had not really made a plan on what I wanted to see, however things were already predefined…. which was GREAT:) as we did not waste time on discussing what we were going to see… making the most of the little time we had.

 

Vienna 2009

Here is a short summary of what I saw:

State Opera, Sisi Museum, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Museum of Modern Art,commonly known as the MUMOK, Secession, Hofburg, St. Stephen's Cathedral, Wiener Schnitzel, and saw a bit of an opera:)

 

 

What a weekend:) I really recommend Vienna if you are looking for a nice culture weekend:)

 

It is really easy to get to the city centre and there are lots of places to stay. 16m from the airport to the city centre… and then the metro is really easy to use. 5€ for a day pass.

 

austria-coat-arms