Friday 3 April 2009

Another weekend in Venice:)


Hi guys, following my trip to Venice last month... I decided to go again. However this time the idea was to go alone, and take a weekend to think about what I am doing in life... a personal trip... not to meet people, just to look and think about what I am doing in general...well ya that did not really work out for me. As I went on a Saturday and came back on a Sunday... However that night was the Earth Hour...



Maybe you are not aware of it, but the idea was to turn off lights around the world as a symbol to save our planet.. giving the earth an hour freedom if you wish.

So I was walking in Venice and I came across these volunteers, and I thought that I could help, so I decided to make friends and help them with this noble event. IT WAS GREAT. I got to go on a Gondola in Venice when the lights of the Rialto were off, with my candle and my new friends:) IT WAS FANTASTIC. BRUTAL!!!!

This is where they came from:

http://www.wwf.it/client/render.aspx

They were all very interesting people and they made my trip to Venice worth while... thanks guys:)



You know how sometimes you think that people are crazy to travel alone, well if you do it once in your life... you will be amazed to see how much more you can learn, listen, see. It really is a great feeling. I would not always do it, but this one time really made me feel like a better person... How many people would go to Venice, for a weekend and make really good friends there?

It was like a personal goal, if you can do that... well then what can't you do? The answer is simple. We can do anything if we put our minds to it. This is positive thinking...


Carpe Diem:)

Gareth
Posted by Picasa

No comments: