Wednesday 4 January 2012

Portugal 2011

It had been a while since I went back to Portugal, this time I wanted to show Pandinha Portugal through my eyes. We travelled to Faro and rented a car. Starting with the amazing August sun, I knew I was home. Pandinha really liked Portugal. The challenge is always when you go back home you end up visiting everyone who misses you and this leaves one with not enough time for truly visiting the country as planned. We did however spend some time in the Algarve, visting Silves, Sagres and Lagoa. Of course we had to stop in the wonderful Slide and Splash. How that brought back nice memories… After Algarve we ended up going to Lisbon, to taste the Pasteis de Nata, to visit o Bairro, o Castelo de S.Jorge, os Santos, Costa da Caparica and of course to meet up with my buddies which 5 years after leaving Portugal are always willing to listen to my strange stories from around the world. Jeronimo was also a must, as Pandinha had to try the famous Pasteis de Belem and see o Padrao dos Descobrimentos.

All of these places even though they are part of who I am, they really become alive when I see the with Pandinha whos smile was increasing bigger and bigger with each day.

One week later it was time to travel back to the Algarve to fly back home. It was a great holiday, however maybe not as relaxing as expected never the less still outstanding break.

2011-08-25 16.11.36

No comments: