Wednesday 4 January 2012

Singapore 2011

Nearly 15 years after leaving Singapore to go and live in Hong Kong, I was back. Even though I was back I did not really recognize much, except the smell did seam to trigger a few old memories. Strange how at such a young age I remembered all of these smells, which made me feel right at home. Pandinha and I checked in to a small hostel near the city center (close to the China Town). After the long trip we explored around the hostel, discovering all the smells, shops, malls, exciting life in Singapore. It is outstanding to see how many years this “little” city is ahead of Eindhoven. In the morning we decided to visit the Buddha's Temple (where his tooth is exposed). On our way we had to stop for a nice breakfast in the local market which can only be described as chaotic, but tasty. Picture, hundreds of little stores all selling coffee, fried duck, backed Pork, dumpling Soup and any combination of the above, being cooked on the spot, with everyone stopping by as the room smells, but it is clearly the starting point for a Monday morning for many. The little lady in the back to struggles to take her food to a free table, while the gentlemen in a suit quickly finishes his coffee makes this day unique to me but is simply just another day in these peoples life.

Marina-Bay-Sands-Hotel-Skypark-Singapore

In the afternoon walking around the city we discover a small shopping center with 6 floors of ONLY computer stuff. I my heart goes crazy as there is an entire floor dedicated to tables. Can life get any better?

No comments: