Thursday 31 July 2008

A day in Beijing ...

So after the rest of the team headed back home, I decided it was time to plan my holiday... I had been working so hard that I hadn't really planned anything or booked anything... So I winged it all the way:)

I decided to go to Shanghai that evening... so I went to by a train ticket... well as you can imagine, not speaking Chinese or being able to read it either made traveling by train not an easy task... this is what the train station looked like... so which platform is Shanghai?! ehehe

Anyway even having a ticket which was 100% in Chinese, I bought the right one... and caught the train that evening:)

I was very happy with myself as I had a plan:)

After getting the ticket I went to the forbidden city, as it is close to the train station and walked around it... and made a few friends:)



For some reason Chinese people like taking photos with me or any foreigners.... I still thought it was great:)




This is my outside the forbidden city... I then headed to the train station to go to Shanghai:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: