Thursday 31 July 2008

Shanghai is HUGE!!!


So I made it to Shanghai... what can I say this city is even bigger than Beijing... 20 million people... I mean 2 Portugals in one city!!!! It is crazy.

I went to some traditional gardens... walked around and took photos...


Did some shopping... please note that Starbucks Coffee is everywhere in the world... I thought that this looked so cool:)



I then had to see the TV tower... I mean it really is amazing:)

The view from the top is amazing... there is a roller coaster in the middle which I had to go on... This little lady was so scared but her 6 year old kid wanted to go... she asked me in Chinese if I would not mind taking care of her son.... so I did:)

She was most grateful:)


After the roller coaster I went to a museum in the Tower... it actually was very cool because it showed me how Shanghai has changed over the years.... it has always been open to Westerners... maybe that is why it is the biggest city in China...

I then went to a Chinese Musical... which was fantastic... with the traditional dresses/dancing/singing... I did not understand much.. but I still thought it was beautiful.

People even thought that it was cool that a tourist wanted to learn a bit of culture...so they were smiling at me....

I then walked around the Bund... with an amazing view... check it out...



The next day I went to Shanghais museum talked to a couple from New Zealand... I also made a friend there... Allen. This 24 year old took me to a friends tea tasting shop later on... We met up with Jenny... it was AMAZING!! I mean I did not realize how much there was behind tea in China, the types, the meanings, the whole culture. Jenny taught us a lot about it... it was really great!!!

I was really grateful that Allen took me there... They were from the same village and went their separate ways... and met up... in Shanghai...I just thought it was so cool that they wanted to show me a little about their life style...

Shanghai really rules.

Later on that day I walked around the city talking and meeting lots of people, some students came and talked to me... I thought it was really cool that they wanted to practice their English...

The next day I headed off to Macau... as my journey around China continued:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: