Saturday 31 January 2009

Cooking Lessons?!


Hi guys,

Second week in Eindhoven, second week at The MathWorks, and it was time to put my cooking abilities to the test. The company organized a cooking event!!! This was a completely new concept for me... team bonding in a kitchen!? Well to tell you the truth it really works well.

So here is how it goes:
Get 20 to 30 people together
Take them to:
http://www.kookstudiolisette.nl/
Split into teams of 4 or 5
Each team has his own cooking bench with the recipe (in Dutch) and the help of one of the wonderful cooking masters.
The team cooks part of a 4 course meal which we all eat at the end.
Is there a better way of getting to know your colleagues?! I don't think so.

I really enjoyed it, and it taught me a few tricks.....


Here is an overview of what we cooked:


Wintermenu Kookstudio Lisette



Voorgerecht:
Paté van huisgerookte zalm, een tomatensalsa met pijnboompitjes en Hollandse garnaaltjes,
Grote gebakken garnaal met dragonolie en zelfgemaakte Melbatoast.


Tussengerecht:
Bouillon van Kwartel met een vleugje anijs, gekonfijte kwartelhammetjes en krokant gebakken filetje


Hoofdgerecht:
Hertenbiefstuk omwikkeld met spek met een rode wijn chocoladesaus, aardappelsoufflés met Gruyère en geroerbakte romige Cantharellen, sugarsnaps en kastanjes


Nagerecht:
Tarte tatin van stoofpeertjes gestoofd in Aceto balsamicoazijn en rode wijn. Met pruimen en crème fraiche. Geserveerd met ijs van geroosterde pistachenoten

I couldn't translate this even if I wanted to, as it would not do the plates justice... Just take my word for it.. IT WAS AMAZING!!!


Here are the 2 wonderful ladies who helped us and pointed us to the right direction... it was so much fun... I really think that this could take off in other countries around the world...

I love my job... I love the Netherlands... I love this new life....
If any of you are thinking, my life is not going anywhere, just take a chance and change your life completely and you will see how much fun you have been missing....

CARPE DIEM:)

Gareth
Posted by Picasa

No comments: