Saturday 10 January 2009

First week at MathWorks!!!



Hi guys, I have just joined MathWorks and all I can say is that the company is even more impressive on the inside than it is from the outside;)

I was really well received at the company starting with some flowers on the first day:)

It all started on the 5th of January... I woke up and got ready for the first day, a little nervouse as one would expect... I then look out of my window and see the snow... Ya it had snowed all night.... I have never really cycled in the snow but I thought it would be alright... much to my suprise the roads had been cleaned (including cycling lanes some of them at least). It was still not easy and I did woble a couple of times but I still made it on time. I was amazed at the number of people who actually do comute on a regular basis with their bikes...if only the rest of Europe would follow suit...

The temperature was below 0 and there was about 10cm of snow covering the ground... What a way to start:)
All I know is that when I got to the MathWorks I had a smile as wide as Xmas day. I was so happy for
a) being in the Netherlands with a bank account, flat
b) starting a new job at MathWorks
c) Made it through the snow!!!


The rest of the week was really cool, meeting the team and figuring out how the company works... I am still blown away by how friendly everyone is.
Monday night we have a team building event... well we are all going to a cooking studio to make our own dinner. What a great idea...
(they dont know how bad a cook I am !!! ehehehe)
I am still up for learning... so bring it on;)

Gareth, Bumper,Kamone, Gerritt!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: